I Need A Caregiver For my Mother!
You’re not alone. According to the latest statistics provided by the National Association for Home Care and Hospice, approximately 12 million people in the United States require home health care, more than two-thirds of whom which is women over the age of 65.
If you’re ill, recovering from an illness, or have had a recent surgery, home health care can provide a wide variety of services to tend to your needs. Home health care can include skilled nursing care, physical therapy, and many other medical expenditure which include medical and non-medical services. If you or a loved one are at discomfort of the idea of going to a “nursing home”, or a “senior facility” ask your doctor or insurance provider about home health agencies in your local area to see which would be the best fit for you.
In-home health care services may include but are not subjected to the following task:
- Personal care, assistance with dressing, getting in & out of bed or wheelchair, bathing & other personal hygiene care, and exercises required for recovery and/or to keep you healthy.
- Health care can require skilled nursing care; physical, speech occupational and other rehabilitative therapy, medication administration, monitoring, medical- social services and medical equipment.
- Homemaking requires shopping and housekeeping maintenance.
- Meal prepping and planning, meal delivery.
- Escort & transportation services, companionship.
All health care services are provided under the direction and supervision of the patient’s primary physician. Most Medicare/Medicaid requirements for home health services include;
- The patient must be homebound, with an inability to leave home and/or leaving home requires assistance.
- Skilled care must be medically necessary (determined by the physician.)
- Patients recently hospitalized for surgery or illness.
- Patients with new or exacerbated diagnosis.
- Patients with new or changed medications, and decrease in functioning/mobility status.
Newport Home Health Agency is a licensed agency that provides quality services from people who care! The agency operating hours are from 9am to 5pm, Monday thru Friday. The Home Health Care and PAS has services available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. During non-office hours, a 24-hour answering phone line is provided to clients, which is connected to an on-call clinician that will provide home health and pas services for clients.
Newport Home Health Agency’s mission statement is to provide professional and paraprofessional services to clients in their homes assisting them to achieve the highest level of potential in their day-to-day self care activities. Newport agency’s staff are committed to providing high quality, multi disciplinary Home Health care by professionals who recognize the need for comprehensive assessment of needs from both the client and professional’s point of view.
Here at Newport Home Health agency the following services are available:
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN)
- Physical Therapist (PT)
- Physical Therapist Assistant Occupational Therapists
- Certified Occupational Therapist
- Speech Pathologists
- Medical Social Workers
- Certified Nurse Assistants
- Home Health Aide